I hereby pledge to conduct myself with dignity as an athlete, official, coach, parent, or spectator, and to respect the authority of Concord Girls Softball Inc. (CGSL) & its elected/appointed officials as the governing authority while attending or participating in its activities. I also pledge to follow the Code of Conduct & to adhere to all responsibilities of my position
including actively promoting & informing everyone of said code.
- No coach, player, parent, or spectator may ever address, in a negative way, any umpires, coaches, players, or spectators.
- Good sportsmanship will be exhibited at all times.
- Use of profanity by a coach, player, parent, or spectator will not be tolerated & will be grounds for immediate removal by umpires, league officials or a CGSL Trustee.
- All decisions made by the umpire are final. Abuse of any umpire will not be tolerated.
- A coach will not indulge in conduct, which would incite players or spectators against any umpire, league official, or CGSL Trustee.
- There will be no criticizing, arguing, ridiculing, or heckling of any coach, player, umpire, spectator, or league official.
- Promote a safe & healthy environment at all times.
- Concern & caution should be exhibited towards any sick or injured player.
- Coaches must always promote the positive aspects of the game & reinforce to their players that rules of the game are by mutual agreement, which no one will evade or break.
- All players, coaches, spectators, & officials will be treated with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability.
- Coaches shall master the contest rules and shall teach them to his/her team. Do not seek advantage by circumvention of the spirit or letter of the rules. Umpires are present to enforce the rules not explain them.
- Exercise self-control & accept accountability for your behavior & its outcomes.
- Coaches are required to report any failure to adhere to the rules to a CGSL Trustee within 48 hrs. of the incident or suffer disciplinary action.
- Coaches are expected to exercise verbal control over their players & spectators or suffer the consequences, which may include forfeiture of the game if so determined by the umpire.
- Concord Girls Softball reserves the right to amend any rules & responsibilities with a majority vote of its Board of Trustees.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules & guidelines, all CGSL rules & responsibilities, or any other rules & regulations required by a league CGSL is participating in, that I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following in any order or combination:
- Verbal warning issued by an umpire, league official, or CGSL Trustee.
- Written warning issued by the CGSL Board of Trustees.
- Suspension or immediate ejection from a game or tournament issued by the appropriate field official, league official, or CGSL Trustee, authorized to issue such suspension or ejection from a game.
- Ejection from the field area, complex, or City Park where league activities are taking place by the plate umpire, league official, or CGSL Trustee.
- Suspension from multiple games or league events by the CGSL Board of Trustees, effective immediately upon a majority vote.
- Season suspension or multiple season suspension issued by the CGSL Board of Trustees upon a majority vote.